Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. – Seneca
The Czech Republic is one of the best-value-for-money destinations in Europe. And with a wide array of affordable vacation packages to Prague to choose from, planning a dream trip to a place known for its breathtaking castles and architecture has just become easier. This dreamy city likewise boasts of plenty of beautiful and fascinating sights that anyone can enjoy for free. Here are some of the many things to do for free when in Prague.
1. Spend time admiring the magnificent and diverse architecture of the city. Try not to miss a visit to the Prague Castle, Church of Our Lady Before Tyn, St. Nicholas’ Church and the Old Town Hall among others.
2. Head out to the Old Town Square to see the city’s iconic medieval astronomical clock found on the Old Town Hall’s wall. Join the crowd that gathers every hour to witness the Procession of the Twelve Apostles.
3. While in Old Town, take the time to visit the city’s famous Jewish Quarter Josefov. Explore the area where Franz Kafka was born and see the Old Jewish Cemetery.
4. Cross Charles Bridge at a leisurely pace and make the most of the time admiring the scenic views. Take as much time as you like to observe and enjoy the sights and the diverse entertainment you can find along the way.
5. Catch the Changing of the Guards’ at Prague Castle and spend some time exploring its beautiful grounds and gardens.
6. Join a free walking tour to learn more about the many fascinating sights and discover little-known attractions to be found along the route.
7. Enjoy a spectacular view of the city from the Petřín Lookout Tower.
8. See the unusual architecture of the Nationale-Nederlanden, which is more famously known as the Dancing House.
9. Check out the graffiti in Prague’s John Lennon Wall.